vrijdag 21 januari 2011

Burger King: Gone to BK - Ronald



My next topic will be the Guerrilla Marketing stunt by Burger King. The fast-food chain Burger King does a lot of Guerrilla Marketing stunt. Some were very successful, and some failed desperately. The one I'm going to discuss today is a attack on McDonald's to try to win over the Asian costumers. Employees of Burger King placed a lot of different Burger King items around McDonald's stores. Ronald McDonald, the mascot of McDonald's was dressed up in Burger King T-shirts. They placed huge footsteps from McDonald's up to Burger King and on empty benches before the McDonald's they left a note: “Gone to BK – Ronald”.

Even though I find the stunt amusing, I don't know if I really support the fact that they attacked another fast-food chain. Normally I would find it a bit offensive, but I don't mind this stunt that much. I think it's mostly because they used their mascot to say, Burger King is better, and didn't say McDonald's was bad.

McDonald's and Burger King are huge rivals, and they both make use of Guerrilla Marketing. I like both companies, but I think the Guerrilla Marketing stunts of Burger King are more creative and have a lot more effect. This wasn't even one of the biggest stunts, but I liked to review it because this was the only Guerrilla Marketing stunt were one brand uses another brand to make themselves look better.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten