vrijdag 21 januari 2011

Heineken: Ultimate Guerrilla Marketing



The last article that I'm going to post is my favorite Guerrilla Marketing. This stunt is the whole reason I decided to dedicate this blog to Guerrilla Marketing. It's a Guerrilla Marketing stunt done by the beer brand Heineken.

Most people associate beer with men, and what better way to reach a large group of men by the number one male sport in the world, soccer. On the 21st of October, their was a champions league match between AC Milan and Real Madrid. In Italy, this is one of the biggest matches there is. So Heineken decided to play a joke on them. They had 100 girlfriends, 50 professors and a couple of journalists as their accomplices. These people told there boyfriends/students/employees that they would miss the match because they had to go to a string quartet. On the night of the game, 1136 victims were sitting in a big hall where they were going to watch a concert. They were filmed and aired all over the world. After about 15 minutes, they suddenly noticed the text were changing on the big screen above the quartet. It said that they were set up, and of course they wouldn't miss the match.

There are multiple reasons why this stunt is my all time favorite. I like the fact that they reached millions of people, because it was aired live before the game started. I like the fact that people actually were extremely relieved and happy when they found out that they wouldn't miss the game. And I think that Heineken really set a standard here about Guerrilla Marketing.


I'm sad to say that this was my last entry, but I found out that I really like writing these small posts. Maybe I'll start a new one some that, and I'll be sure to post the link here.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten