vrijdag 21 januari 2011

The Phone: Someone's calling



I'm almost at the end of my series of posts about Guerrilla Marketing. For this week I'll discuss a Guerrilla Marketing stunt which I watched on TV, far before I knew what Guerrilla Marketing even was. The stunt was designed for the TV-show The Phone. In this show people can win €25.000 by completing the challenges given to them through a mobile phone. These contestants are selected by answering a phone which is taped somewhere in a public area.

To promote this show, the art directors wanted to get the media's attention. They decided to pursue the media in the same way they selected their candidates. In a couple of live television shows they taped mobile phones under the table. When the show was airing live, the producers called the show to tell them when the new season of their show started.

A couple of days later the media bureau which was hired for this stunt, announced that with these simple calls, they reached over 5 million people. This to me means that the stunt was very successful, especially if you take into consideration that Holland only has 16 million people.

I liked this stunt for the element of surprise, and because a lot of people were witnesses of this stunt. Because their stunt took place live on the television, you really could see the first reaction of the persons who answered the phone. So in my opinion, this was a very successful Guerrilla Marketing stunt.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten